Please contact the church office for phone numbers and email addresses of individuals within the parish.
- Ana Gerhardt, Parish Administrator
- I have been Parish Administrator at St. Thomas for three years now and it has been a pleasure putting my organizational skills to work for the community of St. Thomas. I live in Strafford, Vermont with my son, husband, dog and chickens and love spending time with them and being part of a vibrant rural community.
- Rev. Dr. Guy J.D. Collins, Rector
- The Rev Dr Guy Collins hails from the United Kingdom, where he studied for his M.Theol. from St Andrews University, Scotland. Guy also holds a Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge for his dissertation on postmodern philosophy and theology. He was ordained within the Church of England, first working in London before moving to the US several years ago.
Guy is fascinated with the questions and the questioners of theology and faith. He has taught at seminary and college level and is enthusiastic being part of a wonderful learning community here at St Thomas. He is also a fan of Battlestar Galactica, The Golden Compass (or Northern Lights as he prefers to call it) and all movies and stories that make us think and question the reality of the world around us. Married to an archaeologist, Kristin, they have two daughters, Lyra and Beatrix.
- Dr. Gerald R. Weale, Organist & Choirmaster
- Dr. Gerald Weale, Professor Emeritus of the Boston University School of Music, is our Organist and Choirmaster. Formerly chair of the Organ Department, he taught choral repertoire, conducting and other subjects at that institution for 29 years and has previously served parishes in New York City, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. Dr. Weale is a Fellow of the American Guild of Organists and holds the only Presiding Bishop's Certificate in Church Music ever awarded. His deep experience and love for music and the St. Thomas choir combine to make excellent music a very high priority in the parish. Jerry, a gifted teacher with an outrageous sense of humor, makes learning difficult music fun.
- Sarah Slater, Children's Ministry Coordinator
- Sarah is thrilled to join the staff at St. Thomas as Children's Ministry Coordinator. Sarah comes to this position through her work with the Children's Choir at St. Thomas, which has grown over the past three years to be an essential component of worship at St. Thomas. As Children's Ministry Coordinator, Sarah directs the Children's Choir, and also oversees and supports all Children's Ministries at St. Thomas.
Sarah is a graduate of University of Toronto, with an Hon. BA in English, Art History and Religion. During the week, Sarah teaches traditional piano lessons from her home studio. Sarah also organizes and teaches a weekly knitting club (the "Eat, Sleep, Knit Society") for children at the Howe library. Sarah is married to Matthew, a Research Analyst at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, and is mother to Maya and Lucia.
- Tonya Somers, Property Manager
- I live in Randolph, Vermont with my wonderful children Myia 8, Evan 16 months and husband Bob. I enjoy exercising and spending quality time with my family and friends. I have worked at St. Thomas since October 2003. I was working for Trumbull - Nelson Construction Company doing renovations for St. Thomas when my abilities were noticed and I was first offered the position of sexton. I am now the Property Manager of St. Thomas Church. I strive to maintain proper maintenance, cleanliness, security and increase the value of St. Thomas Church properties. I look forward to maintaining the integrity of the church on many levels. St. Thomas has become a part of my family. I feel very blessed to be part of this church.
- Emily Zollo, Nursery Care Provider
- I have been the Nursery Care Provider at St. Thomas since January 2010. I live in Thetford with my husband Tim and my two young daughters. Sadie is 5 and Maggie Mae is 2, and I've been a stay at home Mom since the birth of my youngest and our move to Thetford. I have a degree in English from the University of Vermont, and am certified as a public librarian in Vermont. I coordinated a bookmobile program for eight years in the Northeast Kingdom of VT, and was also the Assistant Librarian in my hometown of Cabot. In Cabot we lived on a small farm powered by a windmill and solar panels, where we raised chickens, pigs, and a cow and grew a big vegetable garden. I still love to garden, and also love reading, hiking, and spending time with my family. I also have been teaching myself web design, and have created a website for a performing arts space in Montpelier that I run with my husband. I love being the Nursery Care Provider at St. Thomas as it allows me to spend time with my favorite people in the world, young children!
- Joshua Schiefelbein, Campus Ministry Coordinator
- Josh is a Dartmouth College '14 who currently hails from Washington State. He wishes to major in History and minor in either International Studies or Public Policy. Josh has a strong affinity for politics, football, science fiction (especially Star Wars), movies, and puns. His major campus activities besides Edge programming is running the College Libertarians and writing film notes for the Dartmouth Film Society. After college, he plans on either working in politics, sports, or film.
- John Jayne, Senior Warden
- Jean Brandt, Junior Warden
- I am retired from my primary profession, teaching Early Childhood in the SUNY system in Long Island, New York. I am a "cradle" Episcopalian and served on the vestry twice; once at St. Margaret's Church in Plainview, New York and here at St. Thomas Church. Collecting, working, and selling antiques at an antique shop in Vermont is how I spend much of my time. I have two wonderful daughters and three special grandchildren who live too far away. St. Thomas has been my parish home since May, 2000. Here I enjoy singing in the choir, serving as a Eucharistic Minister, and collecting food for The Haven, our community food shelf.
- Bob McCarthy, Treasurer
- Peter Saccio, Clerk
- Peter taught Shakespeare and Modern Drama at Dartmouth College for forty years, retiring as the first Leon Black Professor of Shakespearean Studies. He has been on the Vestry of St. Thomas over three scattered terms, and regularly serves as Eucharistic Minister and Lector at 8 oâ€™clock on Sundays. He contributes to the Heaven on Earth program, and participates in EfM.
- Blake Allison
- Sandra Curtis
- Carter Dodge
- Pat Edwards
- Gene Garthwaite
- Katie Kinnaird
- Rebecca Paquette
- Anne Pattison
- Christopher Sweeney
- Jeanne Young